My daughter started high school today...

by Evesapple 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

My husband asked me how I felt about that...did I feel sad, etc..?? Well, I'm definetly touched by how precious time is and how fleeting it is, and so makes me apprecitate each new milestone even more. I was very excited about her new venture, and I can't wait to hear all about it. I missed out on that excitement when I was her age....I guess it's kind of living my life over through her in a way without taking it over. When I went to high school, it was hard being excited about things, there was no future really to look forward to, it was just a matter of passing the time figuring their was no point to it, except that it was the law. My only future too look forward to was the ministry, and marriage perhaps....so I stifled any feeling of anticipation or passion for something....because it wasn't going any further than high school. Now, opening up more opportunities for my daughter, seeing her excitement over all the things she could get involved in...the plethora of options for her future...nothing else really matters now. We can't change what happened in the past...but we can make a brand new future :) for that I am thankful.

• Netty
    Netty

When I went to high school, it was hard being excited about things, there was no future really to look forward to, it was just a matter of passing the time figuring their was no point to it, except that it was the law.

Exactly, I know how you feel. It is ok to live vicariously through our children, considering how we were raised. I am also having fun with this too. Good luck to your daughter and to you with her new venture.

Here's a cyber HUG from mom to mom!

• Princess
    Princess

Wow! I hope she loves it.

My kids started first and second grade this year. I guess I got started a bit later than you did Eve.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Hope she had a good day and is looking forward to all the activities awaiting her!!

• kls
    kls

Ah yes the memories of my kids in high school. This bring back the memory of the time i get a call from school that my daughter has missed 3 rd and 4th hr and if she was home sick, i replied NO. What a surprise it was for her when i went to school and stood there in her next hr class waiting for her to return , the look on her face was priceless.

• Purza
    Purza

My daughter started high school last week -- so I can relate to how you feel. I used to cry every year I would take her to her first day of school -- she was getting so big and grown up each year. I stopped crying last year and now I THANK GOD she is gone. LOL Sometimes its like that with a teen. But I have 100% encouraged college and told her I would pay for it -- she is taking two honors classes this first year to prepare. I am very proud of her!!!! She has her whole life ahead of her without being stifled by a religion.

Purza

• need for speed
    need for speed

Hey I had my first day in high school today to. It was nerve racking. I was soooooo worried. I even got homework first day!! I hope that I can get used to it as quick as possible or I will be a mess all year. I hope your daughter has a better and easier time than me.

Need for speed

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

1st of school was great! She was very excited and made atleast one new friend so far...none of her former girlfriends are going to this school, they've all chosen other ones. This was also her first time taking public transportation alone, I think that was the most nerve racking part for her, but today she was fine with it.

Need for speed...thanks for your input too....after reading your posts, you and my daughter have lots in common. Stay strong!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit