Got the latest congregation scoop on JW rapist Curtis Thompson....

by jimbob 4 Replies latest social family

• jimbob
    jimbob

I had to go over to my mother's place today to do a little computer work for her, and she filled me in with what's been happening in her congregation since JW Curtis Thompson was arrested for rape.

She told me a sister told her that another sister thought that the police were trying to frame Curtis for the charges, and that he didn't do anything. And then another sister who's been a JW for years and years told my mother that she had felt sorry for Curtis because he was trying to get his life together and wanted to go to college, but he was told that if he did, they would inform the class each day he was a registered sex offender. When I heard this crap from my mom, I about went ballistic!! I told her this exactly the JW mindset when it comes to stuff like this. I also said I bet those same sisters would feel a tad different if it was them that Curtis had targeted. Thank god my mom had enough smarts to agree with me again! She told me she couldn't believe what was being told to her. She said Curtis should be locked up forever. (Gee, do you think??)

Now here's the best part.....when I asked her if they were going to df him, she said they weren't because the elders couldn't meet with him! What a f***ed up bunch of people!! (No, I didn't say it quite like that to her....) I told her that was absolutely ludicrous!!! The one person that deserves to be shunned and they won't because they have to meet with him first. I said to her, "Well, it's not like they don't know where he's at....go meet with him"! Anyway, she said with all the lawsuits revolving around dfing people, they won't do it. And I thought that was interesting for her to bring up that point. Imagine that...lawsuits against the Watchtower!! Anyway, it's probably a moot point anyway to df him, cause he ain't gonna get to talk to no one where he's going. (except for bubba!! Hopefully he'll get a taste of what he's done to others)

So again, the JW mindset completely rules out any common sense, but rather, embraces completely stupidity in thinking a convicted sadist rapist is a good brother who has the world against him. God it's good to be free from the bullsh*t of organized religion. Especially the Watchtower!!

• blondie
    blondie

Why can't they meet with him over the phone? If he refuses, then they can send him certified letters 3 times and then DF him.

What idiots!

Blondie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How is it that the Watchtowr was "legally" able to disfellowship Bill Bowen and both of the Andersons?

They didn't meet with them either.

Then again, good ol' Brother Thompson wasn't speaking out against Jehovah's arrangement, was he? No, Curtis likes that arrangement just fine -- it made him an ordained minister.

• jimbob
    jimbob

That's a very good point Nathan. As long as he doesn't speak out against the Botchtower, he's okay. My mother told me he was at all the meetings up until about 4 weeks before his arrest. He first started missing bookstudy and then the school and service meeting. She did say he was at the Sunday meeting right before his arrest.

I told her I bet he commented at the Watchtower and they called on him as Brother Thompson....to which she told me I was correct. He commented regulary and was always called on as Brother Thompson. How pathetic of a religion that will df people in a flash if they say anything negative about the Society, but won't df a serial, sadist, and extremely violent convicted rapist. Makes me want to throw-up!

• jimbob
    jimbob

Nathan...you have a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit