Not Baptized but still Shunned

by Devils Advocate 6 Replies latest social family

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

Was wondering what the offical rule is from the WT on family members who were never baptized but left the cult. An example would be a child who is raised in the LIE and then as a teenager stops attengind meetings and tells his/her parents "I won't ever be a JW." True to his/her word, that teenager grows up outside the cult. Is that person shunned? They can't disfellowship him/her because there wes no batptism. What is protocol ?

• blondie
    blondie

DA, they should not be "officially" shunned since they were never baptized. But...each individual JW is given the "privilege" of deciding someone is bad association spiritually whether they had any JW involvement or not. Many JW family members will not shun unless the person is living in an open "immoral" relationship, using drugs, getting arrested....you get the drift something public that other JWs might see or know of.

Blondie

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I fall into that category. I am not shunned by my dub family but I do get ignored by most witnesses. I have always been considered bad association. hehehee

• Lilac5
    Lilac5

I'm in that catagorie too! Never babtized. Disassociated thats the equivilent. Shuned...... that is until about 1989?? When the society got some "new" info. "we should encourage those who "fall away from the truth" IF they are not Disfellowshiped!! LOL

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am not baptized but I AM shunned. My mother does not shun my, but the rest of my family does especially my oldest sister and youngest brother. I wish they got this "new light".

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

So in other words, each individual JW is allowed the god given right to judge you based on his or her leanings... Guess they are equal opputurnity shunners, eh? Thanx for your input!

• gumby
    gumby

DA....much of the reasons you are treated the way you are were also mentioned in this thread. It might help.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/76661/1.ashx

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit