Welcome, Lil OLady!

by seeitallclearlynow 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

First post today as follows:

Lil OLadyRe: How many were raised as a JW during their teenage years?
    Post 1 of 1
    since 05-Sep-04

I am 70+ years old and very much appreciate reading the comments of those raised as a JW. Did not realize so many of us had the same post JW problems to overcome. As I was going door-to-door by age seven, that even today I feel anxious about ringing a doorbell not ever knowing what the reaction of the householder might be. Still have a peculiar feeling in my stomach during a patriotic ceremony as it was wartime when I was in grade school and flag salute and singing the anthem was prohibited for JWs. (Although the teachers and principals were decent, intelligent and respectful.)

What I have discovered about myself is that today I do not feel comfortable in any group today that wants loyality without scrutiny or questions; that demands more of me than they render.

One little problem persists as I never learned to gift wrap packages well, but I am still working on it and getting better.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and, believe me, you are all the wiser and more thoughtful and have used the past as a learning tool.

It's so good to have you here! Welcome aboard.
  • dh
    dh

hi, and welcome to jwd

• Special K
    Special K

Hi there lil ol'lady

Welcome to the forum.

special k

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Lil Olady

Hope to hear from you again!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Welcome!!! I will be 68 in November, assuming I live a couple of more months, so it's always nice to see someone in my age group posting on ex JW boards. There is a wealth of knowledge here and on other boards so dive in and learn. Best wishes, Bug

• kls
    kls

Welcome Lil Olady to the forum. You will learn to gift wrap just use a ton of Scotch-Tape.

• desib77
    desib77

Welcome!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

A warm, warm welcome to Lil Ol' Lady. Keep on posting! I'd love to hear more from you.

• Netty
    Netty

Welcome! Glad you are here.

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome Lil OLady

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit