Two for two failed in G of Eden, not good odds

by pennycandy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Reading recent posts about the creation account, I remembered a thought I had as a teenager. Jehovah created two perfect people, sat them down in a custom-designed garden, tended to their every need, and told them to fill the earth with more perfect people. Given the explanation of free will, I suppose odds would dictate that a certain percentage of earth's inhabitants would stray and be cut off. But the fact that the very first two weren't up to snuff is quite disheartening. Not just one, but both failed, 100%.

The reason this worried me was because I was a mediocre witness at best. When A & E couldn't even be good long enough to get one more generation started, how was I, with all my faults, ever going to last long enough to grow to perfection? I'd probably be zapped the day after Armageddon, IF I lived to see that next morning. Didn't seem like very good odds to me.

Anybody else every worry about having to be better than A & E, i.e. perfection? Or was it just me?

Penny sogladtobeout Candy

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

What would have happened if the results were 50 % ?

• myelaine
    myelaine

pennycandy,

I think that it's good that you were trying to be a good witness. It shows that you believed that the message of God was important. A person should try not to feel guilty or afraid because you didn't do enough for an organization. You had then and have now much more opportunity to continue serving God in the way that he wants you to. Do what you do, for Him. It brings Joy to your heart. If you don't do it for Him do it for someone you love. It will still bring joy to your heart. You will be able to leave those fellings of guilt and fear behind.

love michelle

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Well according to the wathtower you'll get 1000 years to figure that out. Maybe he will run the same test. Satan will turn into a snake and God will plant two trees.

• myelaine
    myelaine

According to the Watchtower you will get 1000 years to figure it out.

Well according to the Bible you get this life to figure it out. And if you don't, you will be judged in relation to how much of it you do have figured out in accordance with Gods ways..

michelle

• shotgun
    shotgun

Penny

Those first few years were a real pain in the ass for YHWH

First two fall short after being tempted by one of his Angels who wanted the same thing God had...which I thought up until that time was walking around the Garden of Eden looking for his two naked subjects...doesn't seem reasonable that Satan would throw it all away for that....doesn't sound like a big whoop to me.

Then the third person born..almost perfect decided to kill his younger brother because he had blond hair and nice sheep.

The killing and defections from heaven never stopped...and it never will I suppose if man is truly created in Gods image as portrayed in the bible.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

nark--if only one of them disobeyed, maybe only the bad one would have been sent away. Maybe they would have had the first divorce. Maybe the faithful one would have gotten another mate.

If they had both been faithful, what are the odds the 2nd generation would have been faithful? What are the odds there could have been a line of perfection down to me?

---

<I think that it's good that you were trying to be a good witness. It shows that you believed that the message of God was important. A person should try not to feel guilty or afraid because you didn't do enough for an organization. You had then and have now much more opportunity to continue serving God in the way that he wants you to. Do what you do, for Him. It brings Joy to your heart. If you don't do it for Him do it for someone you love. It will still bring joy to your heart. You will be able to leave those fellings of guilt and fear behind.>

Myelaine, you are so right! Once I took the organization out of the equation, I WAS able to rid myself of the guilt. When was able to see that my butt in a kh chair for 5 hours a week, studying for meetings, writing numbers on a time card, etc., was nowhere required by God, my entire way of worship changed. I am a MUCH better Christian now, and my service to God is from a sincere heart, thankful for each day I'm able to do a little or a lot for my Lord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit