How much does the WTS owe YOU?

by CornerStone 5 Replies latest jw friends

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello all,

I was just thinking, (Whoops!, can't do that anymore, 8/1/01 wt), after reading my Bible I came across a passage that discussed payment for Christian workers:

7What soldier has to pay his own expenses? And have you ever heard of a farmer who harvests his crop and doesn’t have the right to eat some of it? What shepherd takes care of a flock of sheep and isn’t allowed to drink some of the milk? 8And this isn’t merely human opinion. Doesn’t God’s law say the same thing? 9For the law of Moses says, “Do not keep an ox from eating as it treads out the grain.”Do you suppose God was thinking only about oxen when he said this? 10Wasn’t he also speaking to us? Of course he was. Just as farm workers who plow fields and thresh the grain expect a share of the harvest, Christian workers should be paid by those they serve.

Now, unless I'm not reading this right, All Christian workers are due a subsidy or payment for the time spent out in Christian service.

Now since we cannot expect the person on whose door we knock, or used to knock on, to pay us a wage for our service, this responsibility falls directly in the laps of the boys from Brooklyn, the all mighty Watchtower Society. Since they have taken on the mantle of being "God's only mouthpiece" and have "seated themselves in the seat of Moses" then according to the Scriptures, (my lose interpretation, WT style), THEY OWE ME MONEY FOR ALL THE HOURS I SPENT OUT IN FIELD SERVICE!!! Plus, they owe me money for all that informal witnessing, not that I did a lot of that!

So, considering the Bibles view that Christian workers ought to be paid for their service, and considering the MANY loooong hours that alot of people have put in in field service, (remember, all time has been recorded), I put the question to you dear posters and viewers,

"HOW MUCH MONEY DOES THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OWE YOU!?"

CornerStone

• dedalus
    dedalus

Good question, Cornerstone!

Now, I wasn't a very good dub when it came to service. Even if you factor in the four (nonconsecutive) months I auxiliary pioneered in my 12 year stint as a baptized bookseller/distributor, I couldn't have averaged much more than, say, three hours a month. Still, if we say the working wage witnessing is, oh, $6.00/hour, the Watchtower owes me $11,232!!!

I shudder to think what regular pioneers are owed ...

Dedalus

• joelbear
    joelbear

The Watchtower Society owes me nothing. What I gave of myself, I gave because I thought the message had value to people's lives. When I stopped believing that, I stopped giving, but what I gave I gave.

peace

Joel

• Lindy
    Lindy

If they had to really repay us, how would they know how much we are due for how many hours? Would they just pay out the money based on the hours on our past time sheets? Or would they admit to the fact that we all cheated or fudged the numbers to get our hours in. But how many hours would each person fudge? If they did admit to that, then they would have to admit that we are all "unchristian." Could get around that though with the "imperfect" thing. That wouldn't look good to the public so then they would have to find some other way of repayment. Hmmm...how about some coupons for "donation-free" magazines for the rest of your lives? But what if you don't want that? I am sure they would come up with something other than cash. How about donating back to the Society what they owe you? That would be really convenient, huh?! I am sure they could make it happen. They could lay on the guilt that if you were to accept payment then you would not be supporting Jehovah's Organization and the world-wide preaching work. Then the ones who would take the cash would be made to look like money gabbers and bad association for not doing what the society commands, I mean "suggests!
    Lindy

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

They owe me nothing except to stay out of my life and to at some point in time be exposed on a large scale so more people can get out of her path of lies and deception.

Of course if I could sue them in a court of law for punitve damages as well as pain and suffering, and don't forget lost wages from being taught that college is evil,they would probally owe a lot of us a lot of coins.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I want my childhood back.

oh and my college education.

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit