No, really- take it back!

by Insomniac 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

This is starting to get creepy. I keep getting things which don't belong to me, and I have to go around returning them. In the past 2 months, I was given $120 too much by a bank teller, a loaf of olive rosemary bread was put in my shopping bag at the grocery store (but not charged to me), 2 orders of fries at McDonald's (again, I was not charged), and then yesterday I bought a dresser at an antiques store, and when it was delivered, the drawers were full of gorgeous antique handbags worth far more than I'd paid for the dresser. Also, several times I've been given too much change by cashiers, and small items like pantyhose and gum are put in with my groceries.

Now, I'm no saint, but I'm also no thief. I have returned every thing that was given me in error as soon as I realized it had happened. But what does it mean? Is the universe trying to shower me with blessings, or just tempting me in order to test my character? It's not as though I'm starving and God has sent me manna to live on, this is stuff I don't need. Maybe I'm just seeing a series of coincidences, and should get some sleep and quit worrying over stupid happenstance.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Extra fries at mickydees??? This IS the work of the devil!

CZAR

• jgnat
    jgnat

Once upon a time I received the worst service ever at a McDonald's. There was a loud fight at the front of the store between one of the cooks, his ex-girlfriend, and her new boyfriend. Besides being glacially slow, our server had both eyes on the action, not my order.

I took the extra burger without comment as payment for my suffering.

• El blanko
    El blanko

Seems like quite a series of synchronicities you have there - what all that means though, hmmm. Its probably personal to you and not for the rest of us.

I know the feeling well.

• kls
    kls

That never happens to me. I would like that option. Usually when i get stuff most of it is missing ,with no extras.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Maybe you need to redistribute the goods... McDonalds doesn't need that order of fries back, but the homeless guy around the corner might need something to fill his stomach.

Right or wrong, I'm not sure... just a thought

FMZ

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Just keep doing the honest thing, and it will go away.

Country Girl

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

FMZ suggested

McDonalds doesn't need that order of fries back, but the homeless guy around the corner might need something to fill his stomach.

A very elegant solution -- but I'm glad you gave the antique purses back.

gently f eral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit