Shrinking Ice Cream RANT!!!

by Funchback 1 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

I don't know what brands of ice cream are sold in your neighborhood, but in Philadelphia there is a brand called Breyer's that is very popular.

Ice cream sizes by all ice cream companies used to come in Pints, Quarts, and Half-Gallons. I haven't seen a pint of ice cream (other than Ben & Jerry's) for many years.

Today, I had a taste for some Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip. I bought what, I assumed, was a half-gallon. As I am getting a couple of scoops from the container, something seemed peculiar about it. It seemed to be smaller. Lo and behold, I checked to see the size of it. Sure enough, the container is only 1.75 quarts (instead of a half-gallon, or two quarts).

Ice cream prices (and dairy, in general) are OUT OF CONTROL! The 1.75 quart ice cream costs $5.49 (U.S.). That equals MORE than $11.00 per gallon! How can ICE CREAM cost so much more per gallon than, say, gasoline.

I am officially becoming a Water Ice eater!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yeah but there is good quality ice cream that they gouge you for and then there's the stuff you buy in tubs..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit