Coronation Street

by glitter 4 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

Karen MacDonald is an exJW apparently. She's upset and talking about being disfellowshipped, being rejected on the ministry and not having birthdays!

• neverthere
    neverthere

Ack Ack!!! I am in Corrie withdrawl, thanks to the Olympics we have not had it here that I could find. I know we are behind you in the stories but GODS I miss my family on Corrie.!!!!!!!

Diana

• neverin
    neverin

I noticed the JW references to "being on the ministry", "being disfellowshiped", "being shunned by the elders" and "no birthdays" but the one error was the reference Karen made to all sinners "going to hell". Other than that anyone with JW connections will have pricked up their ears at those familiar "loving" phrases.

BTW anyone missing corrie should go to Mike Plowman's Coronation Street Visual Update site, screen captures and scene by scence commentry for corrie episodes for UK, Canada and Australia. http://www.csvu.net/

• Angharad
    Angharad

Definately JW references. Just looking in the TV guide, appartently she goes on to embrace her parents beliefs in the story line over the next week or so, should be interesting to watch !

No doubt Corrie will be a bad program to watch now, persecution through soap operas !!!

• glitter
    glitter

Yeah, the Hell thing will make many JWs ingore the rest of it... I mean JWs I've come across don't believe the Panorama episode because they called Kingdom Halls *churches*. Granada could have done their research better - but how many of their average Corrie viewers understand JW teachings on Armageddon - how many would know about Armageddon at all? Everyone understands what Hell means. It'll be interesting to see what happens when she goes back to being a JW (if she will go and try and convert Emily!). Her character is being written out at Christmas - I wonder how much her being a JW will have to do with that, or if this is just a symptom of wider problems. 10 years ago something like this would've embarrassed me to the extent I'd not watch Corrie again. Corrie gets the highest ratings - it's a huge advert against the JWs! Brilliant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit