Fark thread about girl who died after refusing a blood transfusion...

by SYN 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SYN
  • SYN
    SYN

Whoa! They've got pictures of pages from "The Literature" in that thread too! Seeing those pictures again triggered some BAD memories for me!

• Scully
    Scully

I almost responded to that JW near the end about being "shocked" at everyone wishing for his and his religion's demise.... well DUH!!!!!!! isn't that what JWs have been doing to EVERYONE ELSE and THEIR religions for decades???

::: grumbling ::: idiot!

Love, Scully

• SYN
    SYN

Scully, yup. Couldn't agree more God, but that Dub at the end of the thread posted a long comment. I think he cut & pasted most of it from the Watchtower CD-Rom. He'll probably add a couple of hours to his timesheet this month for that!

• Matty
    Matty

Great to see the Watchtower Society getting a good pasting from all the myriads of Farkers - thanks for the link SYN!

• SYN
    SYN

Long time no see Matty! And I agree!

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

SYN

I think he cut & pasted most of it from the Watchtower CD-Rom. He'll probably add a couple of hours to his timesheet this month for that!

I thought the exact same thing when I read that dude's lengthy post The good ol' timesheet!

I remember my parents counted time for the most moronic crap. Including, but not limited to:

Leaving a mag at a laundromat, talking to my teachers at school. Explaining to coworkers why they wouldn't participate in Secret Santa. And my favorite, going through a TOLL booth. When we would visit my relatives in Illinois, my dad had this horrible habit of handing the toll booth attendant a Watchtower and saying, "HERE'S A GIFT FROM WISCONSIN!" with a big geeky smile on his face.

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

As a non-JW, I am certainly not defending their blood policies but from the articles I have read on this particular case, I'm not sure how the father is making his case. I understand that he opposed his wife/church in wanting the transfusions and that the Alberta government stepped in and she was given 38 transfusions. When they were deemed to be no longer effective, she was released (from gov't control) to her family and the mom took her somewhere else for alternative (non-blood) treatment without dad's knowledge/consent. As a parent, if traditional treatments were not working and it seemed like my child's doctors were basically giving up, I would probably be willing to try any alternatives that were available too. Is his argument that the legalities held up the blood transfusions she was given and if they had been given sooner, they would have worked?? I haven't read anywhere what the time period was before the gov't stepped in...

• glitter
    glitter

I posted in the thread, and I was suprised how many ex-JWs there are on Fark.

Fark is never a fun place for religious nuts, God bless fark. :)

I've recieved emails from other farkers, so I've pointed people in this direction.

• oneofmany
    oneofmany

I think Lawrence is saying his daughter's being lied to led her to speak against lifesaving transfusions until the cancer was so late along that she died.

Now for their lies they are being held accountable if not in and by the courts then by being in the newspapers again and again.

Also these two arrogant Watchtower attorneys the same as helped murder this girl. In which towns in Canada do they practice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit