they are in our territory

by Mulan 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I learned today that a group from California is in our area working "seldom worked territory".

My JW friend told me to watch for them as they are in town working their territory. It all made me laugh. They aren't in Montana, or North Dakota, they are in Edmonds/Lynnwood Washington.

What a hoot. The CO must be grinding his nerves.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Mulan, you've GOT to be kidding!! Most of the Greater Puget Sound area gets worked every other week or so. There were territories in my neck of the woods where the householders knew us by name. We'd knock on the door and they'd look at us like, "Sheesh, YOU again??"

Here's an idea: let's go work Honolulu, where the need is great...for a Mai Tai!

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Mulan. I'm thinking the reason they have people from out of state working your area is because all JW's are slacking in the preaching work. How else can you explain the reason to have people come from out of state to preach in a well populated, multi-congo area?? Before we left in August of '02, when we would go out in service on Saturday, even the elders and servants rarely did door to door work. We always did a couple of calls and then it was off to breakfast.... Nobody wants to go out in service anymore....they just show up to be seen, and then do a couple of calls and call it a morning. It's a little hard to cover the territory that way when all you do is a couple of rv's....

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Answer the door more often they must think you're all not at homes that never get reached.

• Carmel
    Carmel

We've been here now in Astoria, Or for three years and I have yet to see any rubba-dub-dubbies in my neighborhood. Maybe the Californians will make it here next!!

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit