Why 2 Witnesses ???

by christopherrobin 5 Replies latest jw friends

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

If " Holy Spirit" is guiding judicial meetings, why need a legal loophole that justifies their process? If they are guided by the ultimate power of the universe, would'nt Jehovah DIRECTLY affect decisions vs. child molesters, thieves, adulterers, etc, WITHOUT the need for witnesses. Why does holy spirit need witnesses if it can guide the motion of millions of planets, galaxys, blah blah blah ???

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Taking an OBSTRUCTIONIST APPROACH by subterfuge of their ecclesiastical kangaroo courts to all claims against them.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear christopherrobin,

In the Bible when someone is led by the Holy Spirit they would be in agreement with another that is led by the Holy Spirit. The Bible also says that where ever there are two Spirit led people in agreement, Jesus is there also. And with all that "Holy Spirit" in one place, one can't help but see the truth of the matter in question. I would say that the WBTS have taken the "two witness position " as a loop hole precisely because they don't have the guidence of the Holy Spirit. John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, which My Father will send in My name, that One will teach(show) you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you.

Just my thoughts.

michelle

• blondie
    blondie

Even in secular courts a person cannot be convicted just by the eyewitness account of one person unless there is credible circumstantial evidence to back it up.

The key in abuse cases is that secular authorities have the wherewithall to do such investigation and testing; an elder body does not.

The 2 witness rule is based on the Law code; it was meant to prevent an enemy from accusing you of a capital crime and having you put to death; of course that meant he had to find another person to lie and tell the same story. The Law code said that anyone lying about another in regard to a capital crime would receive the punishment (death) that the person they lied about would have received.

As far as holy spirit, if it is revealing anything, it is definitely not to the elders.

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the biblical principle behind it, all from the New International Version:

Numbers 35:30 " 'Anyone who kills a person is to be put to death as a murderer only on the testimony of witnesses. But no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

Deuteronomy 17:6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a man shall be put to death, but no one shall be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

Deuteronomy 19:15-20 One witness is not enough to convict a man accused of any crime or offense he may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If a malicious witness takes the stand to accuse a man of a crime, the two men involved in the dispute must stand in the presence of the LORD before the priests and the judges who are in office at the time. The judges must make a thorough investigation, and if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against his brother, then do to him as he intended to do to his brother. You must purge the evil from among you. The rest of the people will hear of this and be afraid, and never again will such an evil thing be done among you.

• myelaine
    myelaine

jgnat,

Much more through answer than mine. There is that wisdom of yours that I spoke of earlier. Thank you.

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit