Scared to stop in on a Sunday Afternoon! What if they come round?

by chok 1 Replies latest jw friends

• chok
    chok

Hi there

I am seeking advice here.

As some of you know I have been fading since December 03. During that time I have had about 3 letters of encouragement from family friends to come back, and messages of how lovely my children are (what they are really saying is 'why am I being an evil mother and not bringing them to the meetings!!!! - do I not know I am their lifeline and they will die if I dont go!?!?')...and how they really miss me! I've had a little note from an elder asking me if I want to arrange a shepherding call ( that was about 5 months ago now).

Well the thing is noone has been round, or maybe they have. I deliberately go out on a sunday afternoon cause I reckon this is likely to be the time they will call round on me. How long do I go on like this? Would like to chill out at home on a sunday afternoon, but I am afraid of the confrontation. I mean what will I say? How will I answer their questions? What if my boyfriend is there?

My family dont want me to get disfellowshipped, so I am trying to fade...but I just dont know what to do if the situation arises where they confront me.

I feel as though as I am only semi-free from them. I walk down the street looking over my shoulder. I feel like I have a relative happiness and I just want to LIVE fully, like a normal person!

HELP!

Chok

p.s. apparently its the CO's visit this week, so they will probably be all fired up to come round n sort me out! OMG what if the CO comes round????????????????

• FMZ
    FMZ

Chok... sit back, relax. A couple of things to remember are:

You are not in the wrong! I guess it is the same process in your mind as when a you are driving and see a cop car. You instantly feel guilty, even though you know you have done nothing wrong.

If they do come over, just invite them in for a cup of tea, chat with them, chew the fat, then when they really start bugging you to come back, just tell them you need to think things over. If they persist, kick them out.

Keep in mind that they are the spiritually ill ones, not you.

Forgive them their sins, for they know not what they do. hehe... sometimes I regret telling them outright that I am an apostate, I'd love a good challenging chat with a witness over a nice hot cuppa these days. lol

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit