Display of National Flags in Kingdom Halls in Chile: WTS' Response

by BluesBrother 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree, it's good they may be lightening up on some things BUT they are still reeking havoc on peoples lives (shunning, tight pants talks, 23 year old MS's, I could go on and on).

I sometimes wonder how the families and friends that had to let their loved ones die during the NO ORGAN TRANSPLANTS era. How did they feel when the change was made? Betrayed? Of course they did. The attitude is..."Well they took a stand for Jehovah. We will see them again SOON." I think these people have a book they pull out to get all of these crazy catch phrases ("trust in Jehovah, Leave it in Jehovahs hands, the proper food at the proper time, the light get brighter"). Come on people...WAKE UP!!!    

A family member of mine was given an extremely hard time because they had to wear a county issued uniform (civil service) that had an american flag on it. I found a Questions from Readers article regarding the same issue related in the letter in the OP. It stated the same thing....if you are not involved in a ceremony you can raise the flag (if it does not bother your conscience). I mentioned this to them and they looked at me like I was out of my mind. I told them to go look it up!!!! Where is the "united in worship"? Are we not supposed to be UNITED (they brag about this).

Like others have mentioned in other posts, these people don't even know what their beliefs are.

This incidence was one (one of many) that was the straw that broke the camels back. 

The judgmental attitudes and the hypocrisy is just too incredible for us. 

I'd rather take a permanent dirt nap than than spend eternity with these people!

• steve2
    steve2

To paraphrase that refreshingly sensible letter from the organization: 'It's not having the flag in your possession that matters but how you act towards it'.

Even so it raises other questions about possessions such as other objects of religious veneration or linked to "false" religion ( of which the flag is but one object) that JWs are warned to get rid of - even when regarded simply as objects of art. Get rid of that painting hanging on your wall of Christ on the cross and that vase your Aunt bought you from the Vatican gift shop).

The letter says its okay as long as YOU are careful not to act towards it in a worshipful way. I could steer an ocean liner through that loophole. But, of course JWs in actuality cannot do so. Inconsistency rules big time.

Think of all the JWs in Malawi who would still be alive had the JW organization written letters to bodies of elders with the same sensible reasoning (I.e., its not having the political card in your possession that matters but how you act towards it).

This would all be an exercise in pedantry were lives not lost over JW organization's pick and choose approach to what is or is not a matter of conscience. Chile off the hook, Malawi, hung out to die.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    It's quite the paradigm shift when you realize that the WTS practices the same damn pick-and-choose theology they condemn everyone else for.
  • Hecce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit