Demon Possession??

by StinkyPantz 9 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Does it still happen today? If so, can they be exorcised and by whom?

Obviously this question is directed towards people that actually believe in spirit creatures .

• Quotes
    Quotes

Well, it appears the young women in your Avatar are possessed.

Please send them over to Quotes's apartment for their spanking and excorcism.

~Quotes of the "I need and old priest and a young priest" class

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Well, it appears the young women in your Avatar are possessed.

Dang..where are the demons when you need them. This world could use a little more possession.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Actually yes, possession still happens in this day and age, though we often don't hear of it. This is probably because if a newspaper were to report a demonic possession these days, they would probably be called crazy etc.

The Catholic church has their own dedicated exorcist, Father Gabriel Amorth, and he apparently claims to be quite busy. And yes, doctors and psychiatrists do still refer people to have exorcisms, when it is quite clear that the problem is not a physical or mental one, per se.

I can't find it right now, but there is a great interview out there somewhere with Fr. Amorth, very interesting. He actually seems like a pretty nice guy, normal even.

FMZ

• dh
    dh

yep, i've heard many first hand stories from people i know who are from some pretty remote places in the world, regarding possessions of relatives, friends, people from the same village etc, there is always a distinction between the person speaking, and 'IT' speaking, more than someone with split personalities, in some parts of the world it's accepted, common even, maybe there is a medical explanation for demon/djinn possession, maybe it is something supernatural, but it happens.

i saw a documentary on tv about it once, which filmed people who were 'possessed'... the documentary filmed people in their normal state, and as the thing took over them. the character & voice tonal changes were so inhuman that seeing them was very disturbing, and i don't say that lightly, the change was complete, another personality unlike any human behaviour i have seen, even the way the person moved when overtaken, was wrong. even for the most skeptical person, it is something that i would think would be quite disturbing to observe.

the people filmed were english speaking white westerners, not people from some jungle in the middle of nowhere... i think that's what made it stick in my head.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Figment of imagination and ego coupled with turbulent dysfunctional psychological environment. Also considered to be a form of defensive mechanism for threatened psychie.

ca veman

• gumby
    gumby

I had a demon try to get in my shorts one night. I found out she was a skank whore in another life and was lookin for some lovin. I threw my hot coffee on her and she got all pissed and rushed through the wall, never to return

Gumbelzebub

• doogie
    doogie
    I had a demon try to get in my shorts one night. I found out she was a skank whore in another life and was lookin for some lovin. I threw my hot coffee on her and she got all pissed and rushed through the wall, never to return

ha! that's some good stuff...

some may call them "epileptic fits" or "brain tumors" or "psychotic episodes" but they will always be demon possessions to me.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Carmel-

I tend to agree with you. I just wondered if some still thought this happened (if ever).

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The green, bendable man said:

I had a demon try to get in my shorts one night.

Maybe she was looking for her missing butt paste!

Country girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit