Moscow Jehovah's Witnesses ban - Over 300,000 sign petition in protest!

by somebody 5 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

zev---of the ran out of posting limits klass

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I know that this is a real event, but something seems awfully fishy about this news source. When's the last time you saw a headline that ended in an exclamation point? And how about this line in the blurb:

The Jehovah's Witnesses are accepted in almost every country in the world and are recognized as one of the top ten religions.

That's the vaguest claim ever. One of the top ten religions? Top ten what? What, the top ten "good"? Yeah, I'm sure the world recognizes them as that. The only top ten list I can possibly imagine it making is top ten literature producing.

Is it just me, or is this source a little sketchy?

SNG

• heathen
    heathen

seattleniceguy--- The jehovahs witnesses have claimed for quite some time now that they are the fastest growing religion in the world . Maybe that's what they mean . It is hard to believe that the dubs can convert so many people . My experiences with these people cannot testify to the fine fellowship they claim to have .

• Pole
    Pole
    That's the vaguest claim ever. One of the top ten religions? Top ten what? What, the top ten "good"? Yeah, I'm sure the world recognizes them as that. The only top ten list I can possibly imagine it making is top ten literature producing.

Funny how they will count themselves as part of Babylon the Great if necessary :)

Some rough stats. Note that these are not broken down into churches. So the list of religions with more than 6 milion members woulbe waaay longer. For example, you couldn't put the orthodox church in the same category with the Roman Catholic Church. The latter has been recently discriminated in Russia too because of the dominance of the former. So they would certaintly insist on this distinction being made.Just click on any of the links to explore the great variety.

1 Christianity: 2 billion
    2 Islam: 1.3 billion
    3 Hinduism: 900 million
    4 Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 850 million
    5 Buddhism: 360 million
    6 Chinese traditional religion: 225 million
    7 primal-indigenous: 150 million
    8 African Traditional & Diasporic: 95 million
    9 Sikhism: 23 million
    10 Juche: 19 million
    11 Spiritism: 14 million
    12 Judaism: 14 million
    13 Baha'i: 6 million

• Pole
    Pole

Ok, I know what they mean; Check out this page:

• Pole
    Pole

What they fail to mention is this:

and they have among the smallest congregation sizes of any group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit