Canadians Beware!!!!.......

by bull01lay 4 Replies latest jw friends

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

........ my UberDub mother is coming over to visit.... Scatter to the hills.... lock up your spiritually weak minded!!!

Seriously now chaps and chapesses... she asked me a bit of a strange question earlier tonight... i.e. Are there any Mosquito's in Canada ?

I said I know EXACTLY who to ask, but obviously won't tell her that the information comes from the scum of the earth, the damned, Lucifers spawn etc etc ad infinitum!

So I guess I'm after a bit of advice for her really... what precautions should she take, what necessities should she bring ?

She'll be coming in September for a fortnight (think it's the second week), what's the weather like / what clothing should she bring ??

Thanks in anticipation guys,

Bull!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Mosquitos? Never heard of them.

Actually, it depends on where she is going. In most places, September is past Mosquito season. All she really needs is a beekeepers outfit, several barrels of deet, and a crew of retainers to fan them away.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Canada is a rather large place so the answer (or at least the degree of the answer) will depend on where she is travelling.

The short answer is yes there are mosquitoes. Larger concentrations in forests or marshlands/wetlands and more predominantly at night

Wearing light colours and using an insect repellent that contains DEET (OFF or MuskOil - are two commercially available products) is really all she needs to do.

I've heard several wive's tales about certain foods that attract the little blood suckers (such as bananas) but fragrances can also attract them.

There have been cases of West Nile Virus transferred by a mosquito bite but it is extremely rare (I believe one human case in the entire province of Ontario this summer)

Hopefully this helps.

Uzzah

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    There have been cases of West Nile Virus transferred by a mosquito bite but it is extremely rare

We've had only one reported case here in Winnipeg, but there's dead crows all over the place.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Thanks for the advice about the 'deet' stuff chaps. She's in Canada now, so expect many more borg converts!!

Cheers,

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit