Jehovah's Witnesses to Support Government

by blondie 4 Replies latest social current

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what policies he was talking about?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200408230759.html

Jehovah's Witnesses to Support Government

The Times of Zambia (Ndola)
    NEWS
    August 23, 2004
    Posted to the web August 23, 2004

JEHOVAH'S Witnesses will support the Government of the day while it remains neutral on political issues.

Speaking at the just ended three-day Lusaka district convention yesterday, convention spokesperson Joseph Kunda said the church would support certain policies of the current Government.

"The church will remain submissive to Government by paying taxes and will support certain policies but will not engage itself in politics," Mr Kunda said.

• minimus
    minimus

They will support the policies that include punishing rapists and molesters, allowing freedom of religion and stuff like that.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Sounds like the WT in Africa are being forced to pay taxes and do charity work.

• cain
    cain

blondie - the policies that allow the dubs to rort the system - what else?

(fun-loving)cain

• undercover
    undercover

Intersting that NGOs were mentioned.

Anyway, I think they mean support by giving Caeser's things to Caeser. They recognize and obey, but will remain neutral in politics.

If you aren't trying to overthrow the government and you obey the laws, then I guess you can say you support the government.

Typical double speak of the WTS. We recognize governments and obey, but God's still gonna destroy you. Nyaah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit