When the Society Tried to Kill Off a Critic

by metatron 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

For the sake of anonymity, names will be omitted:

Many years ago, Bethel had a lot of morale problems. You didn't need much of a brain to figure out why - Knorr was an

undisputed monarch, the factory was a sweatshop and no dissent was tolerated. An ex-Circuit Overseer started making noise

about conditions in Bethel and was discreetly 'shafted' for doing so. He was sent to work on the 'gatherer' - a large machine

that collated 'signatures' to prep them for sewing/binding. Ordinarily, this job was only assigned to strong, fit young men,

not anyone pushing fifty. Soon Brother F. had a mild heart attack and was moved somewhere else.

Moral: Don't ever think that the example of Uriah the Hittite is lost on the Society. They are utterly reptilian in dealing

with people, when they think that no one is watching. They booted an elderly Christian like Ed Dunlap out the door

and planned to find a pretext to df Ray Franz before he left. Collectively, they have little or no sense of shame

and no guilt. If you think that offers a pretty good definition of a sociopath, I wouldn't argue with you.

Added to all this background, is the ever-thinning shroud of credible doctrine that guides their actions. The less you

can 'prove' , the more "because we say so" becomes the primary motivation - and 'cult-like' becomes 'cult', period.

The funny thing is, they are pretty much at the point where their literature is so dumbed down - and thereby free

from "suggested" obedience to Watchtower regulations - that dedications and baptisms are difficult to achieve.

The total commitment of someone's life is going to be hard to obtain when the Society needs to save pennies

by printing brief, soft bound brochures - that have been cleared by legal , to avoid trouble. So be it.

metatron

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Brother Metatron, I'd change your title theme. The rest of your comments are true but the theme could be better...

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Don't you think they would like to see me go 'poof'?

Come get me!

• metatron
    metatron

I get marked "W" on my Theocratic Ministry School slip , then. Dang!

metatron

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Putting senior members of the Bethel staff in the book bindery was Knorr's standard way of screwing people he didn't like. He did it to a number of people.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    They are utterly reptilian in dealing with people

i couldnt have put it better myself.

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah, David Icke was right, except it's not the Queen of England who is a reptile, but rather certain past and present members of the 'Body.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    They are utterly reptilian in dealing with people

It's unfair to degrade lizzards and snakes with the attitudes and behaviour of these humans. Sociopath, protect the cult at any and all expense, yes. Let's leave the innocents out of it.... ;) Brenda

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I LOVE that "moral" of your post, Metatron! "Reptilian," indeed.....

As for the Hovering Haughties' behavior towards those they classify as "enemies".....why am I not surprised....

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit