Did you ever......

by Iforget 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iforget
    Iforget

make an ass out of yourself being a holier then thou witness?

I have been thinking about the past more and more since finding this website. I can recall working in the cornfields one summer and a Pentacostal girl was also working. You could obviously tell her faith because she was wearing a skirt out in the field. Long hair no jewlery ect... Anyway I can remember feeling this overwhelming need to blow holes in her faith. Here was my chance to "witness" and tell her how wrong her faith was.I cornered her basically and brought up the scriptures. She was totally off guard and the poor thing was just trying to earn some money. Thinking about what an outcast I used to feel like in regards to "normal" kids....how she must have felt showing up in a skirt to work in nasty dirty hot conditions. I went home that night and told my mom what a great job I had done. I told mom how she said modesty was why she wore a skirt and mom's response was .. well ask her how modest she thinks she is in the middle of a corn field in a skirt.

Of course I went back the next day and said this horrible thing to her. I am so ashamed of myself for this particular event. How bad I must have made this girl feel. I suppose it was my chance to poke holes at the different girl and make myself feel superior. What a joke and in the end...how badly I must have made the witness' really look for being such an ass.

I know being raised this way made me socially retarded. I regret so many stupid things said and done. Anyone else have a similar experience?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I know you can't apologize to her directly, but you just did didn't you. Yes, I have made an ass out of myselft as on over-anxious MS, grew up and when I was an elder gladly didn't make such an ass of myself.

Being open and honest about yourself is a great trait.

Good for you.

*5 hail marys and you are forgiven*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit