Do you think this would work?

by truthseeker1 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

This just popped in my head, wondering what to say if a JW came to the door. If you asked them politly to take the trash out (You bring it to the door for them so you don't have to invite them in), would they? They are there to give a good witness, right? It could go on like this:

JWs: Good morning, i'm so-n-so and this is my friend blah blah and we're here to.......(let them finish their sales pitch)

Me: I'm not really interested right now, but hey, since you are going past my garbage bin, could you take this bag and drop it off for me?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Make sure the bag is full of WT literature. Use one of those clear garbage bags.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I probably would have done it when I was a Witness!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I would've done it..

• undercover
    undercover

O man, I just had a flashback, thanks to your question.

I remember when I was about 10 or 11 in service, a lady came to the door, declined our mags and then asked me to hang her American flag for her off the front porch. Totally blew me away. I just stammered that I wasn't allowed to do that and started backing away - quickly. She kept asking why I couldn't and I just kept walking away. She knew, I know she knew. She got me good. God, I forgot all about that. Wow.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I need a good laugh!!! That's such a good idea!! Top 10 good uses for a JW at your door:

1. Take out the trash on the way back to the sidewalk.

• Netty
    Netty

Too funn! Would be cool to actually do and see what happens.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I would have done it too.

• steve_19
    steve_19

now i think that it is a wrong thing to ask of anyone JW or not. if your to lazy to take out your own trash then thats really saying somthing about the problems with your lifestyle and personality disorders. now i would take it out for them because it would be no problem, but the person seeing someone else taking out their own trash should really take that time and use it as a mirror to relfect their social problems to themselves...

who would ask someone to take out their trash that has come to the door in a friendly manner to talk about something important???

not me thats for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit