Are You Happy ???

by christopherrobin 8 Replies latest jw friends

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

How often were you asked this basic ques. as a JW ??

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Never.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I believe I was asked this from time to time and I'm quite sure that I always said I was very happy whether I was or not, so as not to bring reproach on "Jehovah" and his organization.

• dh
    dh

i don't remember specifically being asked in the context of being a jw, but the answer i would have given then is the same as i would give now, because it has never changed.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Yes actually, I had stopped studying and this was the question that was asked of me directly, and it was equated with starting to study again or something JW-ish. Being young and stupid, I assumed the person who asked me knew what he was talking about and the rest was history.

• Sirona
    Sirona

They don't tend to ask that question do they? mmmm

What was worse than not asking was their way of saying "if you're not joyful, then you're not spiritual enough" and by "spiritual" they meant doing more in meetings/ service / etc.

Sirona

• franklin J
  • kls
    kls

I was only asked in the contexts of the new system, you know how everyone will be dead except for the jws.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Personal happiness was not important when a JW. the only thing that mattered was giving MORE MORE MORE for the WTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit