I would love to see a 20/20 on the UN

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I was re-reading some of the old posts in the best of...

I was thinking....wouldnt it be great for this topic to appear on prime time. I really dont think many members are aware of this issue even to this day. I would like to see interviews with officials at the UN and the WTS. Obviously the letter the WTS published and the letter the UN published conflict with each other. It sure would make for some interesting dialog.

The WTS is just waiting for this to "just go away".

At present I think many JWs still go to the door and when confronted with the UN issue deny that it is even true. I know I would have until I found this website and did some of my own research. Which was taboo. I mean, when I was researching this topic on the internet, I felt as if I was doing something wrong, only because of being counseled over and over that the Interenet was full of lies. So there I was...researching truth....feeling guilty. Whats wrong with that picture?

• rocketman
    rocketman

I can picture John Stossel saying: 'A religion that tells its members that they can't join the YMCA, that tells them they cannot vote, that tells them they cannot get involved in the political process, tells them they can't carry a 25 cent political party card - which resulted in trauma and death to many members in Malawi, and yet becomes part of the UN as an NGO?......Give Me A Break!'

• blondie
    blondie

While the issues of the WTS affect us here and so are important, to the over 250 million non JWs in the US, they could care less.

Child sexual abuse is an issue but not just because of the WTS and its part in it, but all religions have this same problem. As part of that over all issue, the WTS was covered.

Blondie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Only people who were or are JW's or those who are very familiar with WT teachings recognize the outrageous hypocrisy. Nobody else gives a sh!t about about the WT$, rightfully so. They are irrelevant, and would probably love the attention considering how little they get these days.

• shamus
    shamus

It will never happen.

If it does happen and I'm proven wrong, I will gladly eat my shorts and set up a live feed for all to see on JWD. It would be worth it.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I wouldn't be so sure that this is out of the realm of possibility. 20/20 and 60 Minutes and that ilk of show love to do expose~s. I can see a photo montage of all the pictures of burning UN buildings, etc, juxtaposed nicely with the UN DPI letter. And I think the Malawi issue makes for a chilling human story. I definitely think this merits some consideration. What we need is for someone to write a really great letter, print some glossy reprints of pertinent articles, and send a care package to a couple networks. Maybe we won't get a sixty minute spot, but I can certainly see it as a 10-minute story.

SNG

• avengers
    avengers
    At present I think many JWs still go to the door and when confronted with the UN issue deny that it is even true.

You're right on the button there. They came to my house and when I confronted them with the UN issue
    they said the WT would never do that. In other words I was lying.
    I wrote the Branch Office about that. I published the letter http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/72435/1.ashx on this board and the answer. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/72609/1.ashx the Branch Office sent me.

They never replied to my question, but really gave a stupid answer that had nothing to do with the issue. Like they always do.
    I've given up reasoning with them.

So if you could expose them according to your idea I would say go for it.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit