January 15 wt 2015

by New day 4 Replies latest jw friends

• New day
    New day
    Apologies if something has been posted on this before but if you go to jw.org and find the Jan 15 2015 wt (study edition) please read the article before the study articles. It is entitled "They offer themselves willingly in New York." Please read it and let me know what you think. I want to know that I am not the only one to think that this is a real piece of work...
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

What are you,  my study conductor?  He tries to get me to read stuff as well!  I can't be arsed with homework.. 

😜

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I am in New York. I hope what happens actually creates value to New Yorkers.
  • New day
    New day
    Ok, dhoh, I'll do the work for you. The point I am making is that many of the volunteers for the big construction projects are selling homes and possessions to work there. The article even boldly states that these ones are not worried about what will happen to them after their job is finished even though they will then have to find somewhere to live, work... Some are working as "commuter Bethelites" so I suppose they have the cachet of being a Bethelite for a while, but the article is careful to point out that they pay for their own accommodation and living expenses and commute a day or more each week to work on the new HQ. All this has tempted bros and sis who are too old to work permanently in Bethel to apply as the age limit was extended for these projects. Some no doubt will cope well afterwards as they have only rented out their house but the others who sold all?
  • SAHS
    SAHS
    No, “New day,” you must certainly not be “the only one to think that this is a real piece of work.” Any thinking person, such as yourself and myself, would surely have at least some part of their brain lighting up with some kind of error messages about the idea of the WTS suggesting that people be “selling homes and possessions to work there” and then “have to find somewhere to live, work,” and even “pay for their own accommodation and living expenses and commute a day or more each week to work on the new HQ.”That reminds me about how the WTS used to strongly “suggest” that people make extreme sacrifices for the organization in anticipation of the 1975 thing by way of writing about some people who actually (apparently) sold their homes and farms! What they had so cleverly prophesied back then – about Armageddon happening in 1975 – of course never happened, but, what they’re focusing on now will happen – that is, the construction of a brand-spanking-new headquarters in Warwick by slave labor from a bunch of their willing dupes. That, unfortunately, will happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit