Apostates and child molesters are "STRANGERS_TM" - WT Sep 1, 2004

by Pole 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pole
    Pole

I've just noticed how the WTS put two phoney "interpretations" of "STRANGERS"TM derived from John 10:5 - next to each other in the same article in Watchtower September 1, 2004, probably hoping that the average JW will merge them together and treat apostasy as something as disgusting as paedophilia.

Image 1:

Paragraph 12

"Similarly today strangers try to persuade you youths that your Christian parents unduly restrict your freedom. How may such strangers affect you? One Christian girl admits: 'For a while my faith was weakened to a certain extent by my classmates They said that my religion was restrictive and unreasonable.'(...)"

Par 13.

"Regarding harmful associations, the psalmist David states: "I have not sat with men of untruth; and with those who hide who they are I do not come in." (Ps 26:4) Again do you note the trait typical of strangers? They hide who they are - just as Satan hid his identity by using a serpent. Today, some immoral people hide their identity and true intentions by using the Internet. In chat rooms, perverse adults may even pose as youths to lure you into a trap. Young ones please be extremely cautious lest you be harmed spiritually".

Ok,so they've now extended the meaning of STRANGERS_TM to paedophiles opertaing on the Internet, because they share "the trait typical of strangers, they hide who they are". Interesting that they've only warned young JWs against "spiritual harm", and not bodily harm? anyway the very next paragraph introduces another face of stragers:

Image 2

Par 14, 15:

"False accusations. Although some news reports about Jehovah?s Witnesses are fair, at times the media let themselves be used to broadcast the biased voice of strangers. For instance, in one country a news report falsely stated that the Witnesses supported Hitler?s regime during World War II. In another one, a report accused Witnesses of vandalizing churches. In several countries the media accused Witnesses of refusing to give medical treatment to their children and also of deliberately condoning serious sins committed by fellow believers. (Matthew 10:22) Even so, sincere people who know us personally recognize that such accusations are false.
    What should we do if we are confronted with accusations spread by the voice of such strangers? We do well to take to heart the counsel of Proverbs 14:15: ?Anyone inexperienced put faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.? It is unwise to believe everything presented as truth in the media. While we certainly do not distrust all secular information, we do recognize that ?the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.? ? 1 John 5:19".

So now we know that "the media let themselves be used to broadcast the biased voice of strangers". THat means we have to do with the same characteristic trait of "strangers": "they hide who they are" - they even control or influence some media reports.

So what is the lesson for the average JW? Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but child molesters or apostates --- they all fall under the same "biblical" category of "strangers" (John 10:5).

1) Both groups hide who they are
    2) Both groups use the internet (many JWs will remember that apostates use the internet too from other WT articles)
    3) Both groups harm you "spiritually"

Watchtower logic. Maybe they didn't say apostates are child molesters, but they put them in the same bag pretending there is a scriptural reson for it.

• avengers
    avengers
    Watchtower logic. Maybe they didn't say apostates are child molesters, but they put them in the same bag pretending there is a scriptural reson for it.

This is how they usually do it. They don't actually say it, but somehow expect you to connect the two.
    Like 2034. 1914 plus 120 = 2034. They don't actually say it, but ,,,,,,,,,
    I bet there are many more examples.

Thanks for providing these comments on the Watchtower.
    Keep it up. Am enjoying your posts.

Andy

• greven
    greven
    Again do you note the trait typical of strangers? They hide who they are - just as Satan hid his identity by using a serpent. Today, some immoral people hide their identity and true intentions by using the Internet.

What strikes me too is the fact that 'hiding who you are' is a trait typical of a 'stranger' according to their definition. They use the fact that people on the internet use Avatars and made up names to suggest an immoral or subvertive motive. But doesn't this apply to them as well? They publish anonymously! Do you know the identity of the author of a particular WT article? Are the names of WT writers known to the public? When they quote do they reveal it's source? How many JW's know the names of the GB?

Basically the Watchtower-Society is a made-up name and they use the image of organisation as Avatar. When you write a letter to the society, the person that answers the letter does not reveal his name (only an id code). Neither are the writers of the published material known to the public, they are kept secret. So do they not hide who they are? Do they not hide their true intentions? Are they thereby not 'strangers' according to their own definition? And should we therefor not sit down with them?

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit