MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS

by outoftheorg 5 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

A few months ago, I received a letter from (Landex Research Inc.)

They tell me "they have uncovered funds from an estate to which I may be entitled and unaware of".

This would involve me, my brother and a niece. Both of them are shunning me. Interesting huh?

The thing that bothers me, is that the Landex people want 33% of what is recovered. I think I may get them down to 20%. However if I can find it on my own, we may get more.

I did find from them that the estate is in Norway, my fathers birth place. From talking to the Landex rep. I think the total funds are around $5000.00.

If any of you have suggestions or know the procedure to be followed I would like your help.

I am sure some of you will volunteer FOR A PERCENTAGE forgetaboutit.

My main hindrance is I DON'T SPEAK NORWEGIAN Any suggestions or directions would be highly appreciated.

Outoftheorg

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Get in touch with the American consulate in Norway, they may be able to give you more information.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Country girl

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like a new variation on the Nigerian scam... only now you are trying to recover your own money instead of the money of an overthrown king.

Be careful!!! If they ever ever ever want you to send them money before you receive any money, then it is most likely a scam.

If they need any "fees", then they should deduct them from the money you will receive... you should never have to send them anything.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello cg.

I tried trustworthy comsulate and they were no help at all. You would think they could send one in the right direction and with some advice. All they had to say "about a month after I emailed them" was try the Norwegian estate records. No phone # address nothing.

Yeah Elswhere I know what you mean. I called the Illinois attorney general office and the Chicago better business bureau and they both said they are ok. They did not ask for money up front. That would have stopped me right there.

It is going to be interesting if my brother and niece have to work with me on this. My niece especially is a self righteous a+++ole. Let me tell you this little story.

My niece and her ms husband stopped off at our house on their way east to be (special pioneers).

I have never seen anything special in either of them. Anyway we had dinner waiting for them. They finally get there and don't even sit down, he asks where the bed room is.

My wife dishes up the food on a nice plate and her dipshit husband smells it and sits it back down ask which is their bed room again, we just want to go to bed now.

They did and they got up around 5.30 am and left with out a word of thanks, kiss my ass or anything.

I wasn't df'd and was in good standing at that time. Except I didn't believe or trust the wbts any more. But they didn't know that.

Outoftheorg

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

ANY TAKERS??

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

LETS GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit