Talk to Her

by Larry 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

Did anyone see the movie 'Talk To Her' by Pedro Almodovar? Tragic, shocking, and different but makes for a great movie, even with the sub-titles.

Peace - LL :)

• Preston
    Preston

It was a very good movie. I saw it in theaters not too long ago. I think its an excellent film about everyone's need for love, sex and affection. No matter who you are, you will be driven to have these things. In a strange sort of way I could relate to the gay nurse who dedicated his life to help his mother, and used his experiece to help the Coma victim. I assume you thought this was the tragic aspect of the the film. I was kind of taken off guard when one of the leading characters dies in the film, as well as the film with the film sequence ("The shrunken man"). A very good movie regardless...

• Larry
    Larry

Yes I got the DVD today and watched it during lunch - of course I have to watch the movie again at home.

I don't think the nurse was gay b/c he loved a women and got her pregnant, in fact, his love for her was all he lived for. On the surface he had gay-ish way, but I think the director was challenging men and their ability to be emotional and comfortable with their feminine side.

I think it was tragic b/c like most tragedies someone has to die for someone to live or vise-versa.

The sexual undertones and metaphors were hugh - literally (Once you see the movie you'll know what I'm talking about - talk about head first!)

I enjoyed the movie b/c it made me think about the power of love, and the lengths people will go to pursue it. But as my grandmother would say - "ain't that much love in the world."

I almost cried but could not get pass the obvious 'rape' which made me want to kill the protagonist myself. But all in all - I recommend viewing this movie - good piece of film work in every which way.

Peace - LL :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit