Can you just have your publisher card removed?

by Atilla 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

There has been much discussion on this board lately about disassociation, the pros, cons, etc. I have not DA'd myself yet because I don't want to play into their hands but that is about the only reason. I know some people have tried the whole baptism nullification with mixed results but I'm curious if you could simply call up the head elder of your former KH and simply request that your your name and information be destroyed, you no longer want to be bothered.

There would be no real announcement unless you wanted, just done and over. Any experiences with this method out there?

I think this might work for me because I've been out for nearly 3 years, just left one day, and haven't been back since and I have moved away from my old KH area.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No.

But as I was Secretary, before I left, I replaced mine with an unsigned one, and an instruction to destroy it.

• kls
    kls

I asked that question on a post some time ago and the answers i got was to let it alone and not to rile things up. I thought about it for along time and decided the folks on the forum were right . Just let it go so as not to turn up the heat and bring yourself more attention by the JWS.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I know this isn't any help. But,

I remember my husbands family (not JW's, baptists) that used to talk about having their membership cards moved to another church. I always wondered what they would say, if I wrote and told them(Kingdom Hall) to please send my membership card to such and such church if I'd get any response.

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, you can have them mail it to an address purporting to be a congregation in a far off place only really being a friend posing as a JW. Just say you are switching to that congregation.

BTW, with the Data protection act in the UK, can the congregations still keep pub cards on JWs?

Blondie

• Atilla
    Atilla
    I wrote and told them(Kingdom Hall) to please send my membership card to such and such church if I'd get any response.

Ah, I love that idea, only problem is that I don't have another church for them to send a card to, and don't ever plan to have another church. Oh, well, I could always make up some church.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

If you have no friends, family in the cult, does it really matter what a cult thinks of you? They are nothing. I know it's really easy to respect their jurisdiction after years of indoctrination, if you will, but really.. they have none. If you are religious, God knows your heart. If you aren't: what does it *matter*?

If you do have friends/family that are in and you want to stay in contact, then that's a different story.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit