BRCI Conference?? Tell me more...

by Jeremy Bravo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Hi everyone,

I just noticed that there's a BRCI conference (the one that Amazing says he will attending) in the city I live in.

Could anyone tell me exactly WHAT a BFCI conference is?

I would be even more grateful if anyone could tell me where in Waterloo it is (It's likely at UW or WLU).

If it would be of benefit to me, I'm sure I would want to attend.

Thanks,
    Jeremy.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi JeremyBravo:

The BRCI conference stands for Biblical Research and Commentary International to be held in Waterloo June 29 to July 1.

Check out their website at http://www.brci.org/
    for lots of info about what they are and what they do. Click onto "Conferences" for the exact place.

Also you can click on this thread at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=6454&site=3#76539
    for a complete discussion on it.

It sounds really interesting.

Had Enough

btw: I didn't get a chance to welcome you to the board on your first post...only had a minute to skim through it but I want to go back and read in again.....welcome and have fun here with us and get lots of answers to anything you need.

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Hello Had Enough!

Thanks for the help and the warm welcome. I think I'll go check it out, seeing as though it's about a 2 minute drive from where I live.

I've really enjoyed reading of the experiences of the people on this board, and I plan to stick around and contribute where I can.

Thank again, Jer.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Jer,

I plan to drive up early tomorrow morning to attend, so I hope to meet you there!

Had Enough,

Aren't you in Canada, too? Will you be able to attend?

outnfree

• larc
    larc

A little history,

About 15 years ago, a group of xJWs met in Alabama at the summer home of Peter Gregerson. Peter is the man that Ray Franz had lunch with (his employer) and was disfellowshipped for eating with a disfellowshipped person. Ray and his wife were at the meeting along with Leonard Chretian, who later produced a video about the Witnesses. Also, Ron Frey a former Circuit overseer was there. He has produced a number of well reseached articles in a publication that he distributed for about 10 years called the Christian Respondent. There were about 25 people at this meeting. My wife and I were fortunate enough to be there, and we have very fond memories of that get together.

The group has a Christian orientation, but they do not push doctrines. Most of them either study with a small group of friends or have joined a small church of their liking. Their mission is not to convert you, but to help people get over the pain of the Witness experience.

• peterstride
    peterstride

I'd like to attend the BRCI conference in Waterloo tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I have to have been registered in advance, or can anyone just show up? Also, what time do the sessions start?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi outnfree:

Do you have email? If so, would you email me and I'll reply to your address with an answer to your question. If not, let me know here.

Thanks

Had Enough

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Peter:

It starts at 9:am tomorrow and no registration required. Anyone can come and go as you please. No guilt trips to stay in your seat etc.

Had Enough

• peterstride
    peterstride

Thanks HadEnough!

I just e-mailed you regarding the start time, so don't worry about replying to me there... LOL

Thanks again, and maybe we'll bump into each other tomorrow,

:-)

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit