Organ donation

by dothemath 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

I'm sure very few (if any) JW's donate organs, with the paranoia about blood, etc. Years ago it was condemned as "cannabilism".

Yet now, it's okay to accept an organ donation..........at least some organs, anyway. (I recall a life experience in the Awake where the individual benefited from a kidney transplant)

Wouldn't it be the "Christian" thing to do to also be an organ donor? What about "doing unto others as you would have them do to you?"

I sincerely doubt we'll ever see that type of encouragement printed in any of the literature, though.

• blondie
    blondie

I have posted this topic before on JWD. I personally feel that if you are willing to accept an organ, that if you are physically capable of giving a live donation (kidney) to a friend or family member or donating your organs after your death, it would only seem fair. I find that JWs are not the only ones reluctant to donate but willing to accept an organ.

It is interesting that this should be posted now. I just got off the phone with the local Red Cross having made an appointment to donate blood, which is basically an organ as well.

I found out that my blood type is in great demand and that I will probably be very busy.

So while willing to accept blood transfusions, can we donate if physically we can?

Blondie

• kls
    kls

Unfortunately the JWs see only to take and never give unless it suits their needs and budget.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit