Boy dies of Leukemia, others live

by M.J. 1 Replies latest watchtower medical

• M.J.
    M.J.

Here's a touching story about a boy who recently lost a battle to leukemia due to not finding a match for a bone marrow transplant. Yet, through special blood and bone marrow drives set up for him in the community, more than 25 people who attended have so far gone on to donate bone marrow, with most saving lives. Through this, nearly 4,000 people have registered into the national bone marrow registry as potential donors who could one day save lives around the world.

It is fortunate that since 1984, the Watchtower Society has made acceptance of bone marrow, the source of blood, a conscience matter.

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/33473.php

• Netty
    Netty

Hi MJ

I live here in Tucson, and have followed this little boys story on the news for about two years now. I cried last night as I watched the 10:00 news, and they announced he, Carlos Valenica, had passed away not even one hour ago. Poor precious boy. He was such a brave boy, with a very positive outlook on things. Different times he was interviewed he would say he knew he was going to beat the leukemia, he just had such a bright outlook. It is outstanding that he was albe to help so many others. I know what you mean also, some JW's would allow their children to die, rather than receive a life saving bone marrow transplant. So sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit