by seattleniceguy 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

The lyrics to the song "Dust in the Wind" say in part:

Same old song
    Just a drop of water in and endless sea
    All we do
    Crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see

I think the sentiments of this stanza agree well with the JW concept. Life is transient, short-lived. Nothing we do amounts to anything. We quickly vanish, "dust in the wind." I think JWs would especially agree with the last line - that this happens though we refuse to see. The implication is that the unenlightened masses cannot accept or even see that the things around them are impermanent.

This got me thinking, though. Who is it that refuses to see? Who is it that cannot accept this reality? Is it not the ones who believe that they will not die, that they are somehow different from 100% of humanity that has gone before them? Is it not those who, even in old age, cling to the desperate hope that Armageddon is right around the corner, certain to spare them from death?

SNG

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

that kind of reflection is why one shouldnt listen to the doobie brothers when partakin of the doobie.

i didnt confront mortality till after leaving the jws. up till then i'd assumed i'd never die. sucks to be dust

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

As reconstituted "dust" however, it is interesting to speculate on what forms that "dust" took before taking its current form. Where have all those atoms been, before being "you"?

What form did it have 100 years ago? 1000 years ago? 100,000 years ago, etc?

And, what forms WILL it have in 100 years, 1000 years, 100,000 years, etc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit