The 4400

by avishai 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• avishai
    avishai

Anyone been watching this documentary? Weird biblical corrolaries, people "taken up" and returned, etc.

4400 and 144,000. Coincidence? Did an xjw write the screenplay perhaps?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

nah the number comes from a gov't study ... its the number of people that it would take to viably re populate the planet.

i watched the ending tonight and if they make a series of it (considering the ending) it'll be a good show!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Plot Summary for
    "4400, The" ( 2004 )

These are the stories of 4400 alien abductees after they are returned to Earth. People dealing with traumatic changes, driven by the mystery of what happened and why. Some of them have been affected in mysterious ways, and some will have certain abilities, both good and bad. The pilot has a ball of light sailing towards Earth. But rather than the expected catastrophic event, thousands of returned abductees are left with no memory of their otherworldly experiences. Each has been gone anywhere from a few months to several decades but hasn't aged a day.

*** Hey Avishai, I've never seen it, but from this plot summary it sounds interesting. I love the genre - Sci Fi/Mystery/Thriller - and I am only acquainted with two active JWs who are actually involved in the movie industry - the Orsattis - so I would have no guess about whether a witness had any part in the screenplay; I know you're much more involved in that industry. Seems Scott Peters created and participated in the writing, along with several other named writers. (Most of them have degrees so somehow I'm doubting they are JW's )

Anyway, thanks for reminding me to look for this one.

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

We've been watching it...it's pretty good. USA had a marathon of all the episodes up to the "finale" last night, it didn't resolve much. If anyone's interested, we taped the whole thing...

TB

• blondie
    blondie

I taped the whole thing. They hoped if the numbers were good, that USA would continue it as a series. I think the numbers were very good.

Last Sunday #4 among Cable Shows

44400, THE (0105 TRIAL BY FIRE)USASun2.93,111,000
  • TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

Blondie...from what I understand, the ratings were very good. I hope they continue it...they left a bunch of threads hanging last night. I mean, it ended w/Lily going into labor...

TB

• lovinglife
    lovinglife

Good show! I hope they make it a series too. There were alot of storylines unfinished. Finally something good to watch thats not a "reality" show. Just as good as Steven Spielberg's "Taken" series.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit