Helping JWs out of the Watchtower

by Tower Man 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi,

I have written a simulated dialogue between 2 JWs and a homeowner at the door. It focuses on the Society's false prophecies and how to use them to undermine the Watchtower's authority over a Witness. If you'd like to read it, here it is:

http://www.towertotruth.net/JW/witnessing/dialogue_false_prophecies.htm

Take care,

Tower Man

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a ?prophet? of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?? I think that claiming to be God?s prophet is a very serious claim and shouldn?t be taken lightly. But I like the fact that the Watchtower doesn?t just claim to be a prophet but that it encourages people to ?review the record? to see what it shows.

The problem is that by chance or design the watchtower is not much of a prophet let alone a false one. It is a claim or slogan. Like BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine". Thats a serious claim too isn't it.

The watchtower is not a person. It can't be a prophet anymore than it can be a doctor lawyer or plumber. I think being truthful with JWs is better than just hypothetically ambushing them with insane prooftexting that does not apply. A better response would be. "So how are JWs coping with the loss of the governing body insight on the board of directors?" "Now that it is just a normal corporation now how did it effect moral of the JW church?"

• Atilla
    Atilla

Ah, nice work but I doubt if that conversation would ever go according to plan. Even a newbie dub would be on to your guise in short time. Plus, it's a bit technical to present, I prefer to the much easier things such as blood or UN involvement not to mention just common sense.

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Atilla,

The conversation does go according to plan a lot of the time, but not always. I have used it successfully on many occassions. It can be technical at first reading but it is, like you said, just exercising some common sense. You would be surprised how many JWs do not catch on to my guise. It's all in the presentation. There is no 1 way to talk to a JW. I have just found this method works well for me.

Take care,

Tower Man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit