A weekend spent with REAL FAMILY...

by Confucious 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey guys,

Just wanted to take the time to give my 2 cents here.

For 10 years, I've neglegted my family.

For the "sake of the truth," I would have my family revolve around THE WT MEETING schedule when they would visit.

Many times, they would make long trips (over 12 hour drive) to my home just so I could say, "Can't do this, because of bookstudy - or can't do this because of that meeting."

Well, this is my first family visit since I've stopped going to the meeting.

WOW!!! I've really been missing out.

We cooked Blue Crabs. We drank beer.

I play "karate" fight with my 6 year old Nephew.

They played X-Box.

I tell you, it's so different because everyone is themselves - rather than this "fakeness" of putting on a front of being "Holy."

So much lost time!!!

• little witch
    little witch

Well how bout that!

So glad to hear this Confucious ((((hugs to you))))

You sure sound happy, and I am happy reading your post. Funny is it not, that the smallest things in life give us the biggest smiles?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

That's good to hear, Confucius! You're so right.

• bisous
    bisous

wow, what a relief, eh?? the borg really screwed up our priorities....further evidence of the fact it IS a cult....put our propaganda and mindless worship of our organization over all else, even loved ones.

glad you had a good time and try hard to spend as little time as possible mourning the past and as much time as possible making up for it!

• kls
    kls

Family is so important because when the chips are down who will be there for you the JWS ? I am sure it is a relief for your family to have you back . Welcome to the real life and the love of family that the JWS can never have.

• Sassy
    Sassy

That's great Confusious! We have missed out on so much.. but.. it's never too late to change things!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am sooooooo happy for you!!! Glad you had a great time with your family.....I am sure they were happy to see you too...

• Jez
    Jez

My ex had not seen his child for one year. When she finally relented after much encouragment from me, she phoned and told him that she would see him and stay with him this weekend. Guess what he said,

"Only if you come to Sunday meeting, I'm not missing it"

She refused and I begged him to miss just one meeting for the sake of their relationship. He refused, so she refused to see him. He would not miss one meeting for his child that he had not seen in a year. Now that is fanatic! She has not seen him since nor tried.

Sad at JW priorities, Jez

• Agnes
    Agnes

Confurscious, your post was so good to read. So glad that you had a great time.I guess all of us have played second fiddle to that blasted organization. Such love!

Agnes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit