Ozzie's Weekend Poll #106

by ozziepost 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

So how are things for you this weekend? Getting some rest from a busy week I hope.

That's how it's been for Mrs Ozzie and I. We managed to combine a week in the tropical north having a short break along with some business (investing in some hotels). Not only that but we had a very enjoyable meetup with one of our newer posters and had a very interesting chat which emphasised to us the real need there is to make genuine information about "the Troof" available on JWD. As an aside, Lady Lee's project this week (how does she find the time?? What a great job she's doing!) has illustrated the great depth of information that's there "in the archives".

Anyway, enough of that and back to the matter at hand, the Weekend Poll. So settle back with a cup or glass of something nice and reminisce with us on this question:

Arriving late for the meeting at the Kingdom Hall, do you:

1. Take off your coat before entering to look as they you've been there all the time!

2. Walk right on in up to the front row and sit down.

3. Walk in on tiptoe and creep to the back row.

4. Aim straight for the restrooms.

5. Stand at the back and lean nonchalantly on the literature counter.

6. Stand at the back and make a comment to let everyone know you're there!

7. Turn around and go home!

8. Turn around and go to the pub.

9. Stay in the carpark and talk to the attendants.

10. Other (please detail)

So what are your thoughts? Care to share? We're looking forward to your reports.responses

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Maverick
    Maverick

If I arrived late at the KingDumb Hall I'd ask myself, "Who slipped me the mind-altering drugs that make me stupid enough to forget I don't come to this nut-house anymore?" Mav

And I will slam the door real hard on my exit!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Can't remember being late, I had to open the KH and start the meetings.

Ken P.

• blondie
    blondie

We were never late; hubbie had too many things to do but that didn't stop other elders from blowing in late. But...that meant we could leave right afterwards. My husband once counted 30 (out of 100) people blow in at 7:40, 15 of them elders and their families....one Sunday the speaker was worried no one was coming. Hubbie told him that to go ahead and give his talk and that ten minutes into it, the seats would fill in. The ones most apt to be late lived only 5 minutes from the hall.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Hubbie told him that to go ahead and give his talk and that ten minutes into it, the seats would fill in.

They'd fit in well in the Anglican Church!!

(Don't worry if you don't get it - it's an "in joke"!!!!)

• alfie
    alfie

#10- Other

Late?...Late...? Never happened. Being late was a NO NO for this man. It used to drive Mrs. alfie crazy, this driving need to always be at least on time if not early.

Hi all, it has been a long time since I've been here, and there is really no excuse, I've just been absorbed in other pursuits, political mostly. Mrs.alfie however continues to follow all your postings daily so I am kept up to date, but I digress.

From the moment I became a Witness until the time doubts about the WTBTS started, I always felt it was somehow a responsibility of mine, and subsequently my family, that we should be among the first at the KH to greet and make feel welcome all those who came to the meeting. My wife and daughter bore this abuse gallantly, even to the point of more often than not being the last to leave the hall as well. What a selfish man I was. Made for a perfect elder though.

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• c5
    c5

Hello!

#4 fit me the best.

If we caused a commotion, we were sure to get grilled as to why we were late, and we did not want to go through that after the meeting.

If one was lucky though, they would come in late at the same time as a big family did, because all the kids finding seats would be very distracting to the brothers, so it gave you time to find a seat unnoticed!

I always secretly liked coming in late, cause then you missed some of the boring material presented!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Late? No! I enjoyed my visits with folks before meetings and even afterwards.

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

Usually was on time. #5 if I got there in the middle of a meeting and waited until a change in performers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit