.when were the 'seeds of doubt" (intelligence) starting to grow ?

by MelbaToast 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

I remember being in third grade.... Did a report of Dinosaurs, mom wanted me to bring out the evolution book, it was brand new at the time...but I researched the report and got an A! I got really interested in science at that point, but when I asked about how all those dinosaurs died, my mom told me they died in the flood and quoted scriptures....blah blah blah. The seeds of doubt were planted, thank god.

• AlanF
    AlanF

My first seeds of doubt came in late 1967, just a few months after I was baptized at age 15, when the Society came out with its moronic stance on organ transplants. I never really trusted them after that. Various other idiotic new teachings appeared from time to time, each time further undercutting my confidence in them as intelligent men, much less as spiritual leaders that I should follow.

AlanF

• Soledad
    Soledad

I think I never really bought into it at all. too many things that did not make sense and did not have biblical basis ex: women having to wear skirts, not celebrating birthdays/holidays, not being able to join girl scouts. it all seemed so stupid to me so I basically wrote everything off and pretended just to keep my mom happy.

• RR
    RR

I agree Soledad, I went in with an open mind, what drew me to the Witnesses was the basic theology, everything was just interpretation.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit