I am thinking of joining the Air Force Reserves...any suggestions?

by Fire Dragon 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Well, my topic says it all. I am a 28yr old female. I am currently training for the police academy and would like to join the reserves by the time I'm 30, no later. I am also a lesbian and former conscientious objector (b/c of the jws). Does anyone have comments or suggestions that may help with my decision?

• kls
    kls

That was my dream of joining the AIR FORCE but alas i got pregnant instead. Go for your dream or you may regret it. As far as Lesbian recruit's i don't know why it would matter, you have a brain ,two arms and legs but if you think it maybe a problem talk to a Recruiter.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Don't ask don't tell aboutthe lesbian thing.

Also, if you have ever been prescribed anti-depressants, that can disqualify you.

CZAR

• Navigator
    Navigator

The Air Force has been using the reserves quite a lot of late due to the downsizing of the active duty force. Plan on a lot of time away from home. The retirement is great if you can stick with it. Re the lesbo thing, ask the recruiter what the current policy is. I think it is still don't ask, don't tell but it does change from time to time. In any case, you would need to be discreet.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I didn't know the thing about the antidepressants. I was on them for almost two years after leaving the jws. I'll have to talk with a recruiter about all of this. Thanks you guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit