FUNK/ROCK ICON RICK JAMES DIES AT 56!

by mrbarthoss 8 Replies latest social current

• mrbarthoss
    mrbarthoss

Dead at 56?!?! What good is a life of abstinence, purity, restraint, and self discipline if you end up dying at such a young age????

• minimus
    minimus

How'd he die??

• mrbarthoss
    mrbarthoss

the oft-used "natural causes" LOS ANGELES - Funk singer Rick James, best known for the 1981 hit "Super Freak," died Friday, apparently of natural causes, police said. James, 56, died at 9:45 a.m. at a residence near Universal City, said Officer Esther Reyes, a Police Department spokeswoman. "He died apparently of natural causes. We learned of his death after responding to a radio call," Reyes said. After his big hit, James' fame began to fade as he became embroiled in legal problems and health troubles. James was convicted in 1993 of assaulting two women. The first attack occurred in 1991 when he restrained and burned a young woman with a hot pipe during a cocaine binge at his house in West Hollywood. He was free on bail when the second assault occurred in 1992 in James' hotel room. James was sentenced to more than two years in state prison. In 1997, he released a new album, but a year later he suffered a stroke while performing at Denver's Mammoth Events Center, derailing a comeback tour. In 1998 he also underwent hip replacement surgery.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

"Cocain is a hell of a drug."

- Rick James

• Sassy
    Sassy

that's too bad..

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

"natural causes" brought on by smokin' crack!

• kls
    kls

I was pretty surprised when i read your post, the last i heard he cleaned up his act and was going to start performing again.

• RR
    RR

Yeah, years of drug and alcohol abuse and they say he died of "natural causes" lol

RR

• razorMind
    razorMind

"I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Sorry, I just had to say that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit