"Witness" health disorders

by Pathofthorns 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Not to demean any who may genuinely suffer from the following conditions, but it seems that every time the Society puts out an article on certain "illnesses", coincidentally there is an increase in the latest fad medical condition among Witnesses.

The illnesses I'm referring to are Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Fibromialgia, Burnout, Depression, and the latest from Awake, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS).

While there are many who genuinely suffer from these illnesses, it almost seems that people (usually sisters late 30's and 40's) delight in discussing which of these sickness they have.

I figure, either A) if they genuinely have these conditions, a large contributing factor is the "truth" and all of the politics that go along with it as well as the routine. Also stress from things like poor financial planning, also due to past policies of the Society.

or B) these illnesses are often conveniently self-diagnosed or difficult to prove and provide nice excuses for staying away from meetings/service, and to take frequent vacations. Elders tend to leave you alone if it has to do with health matters.

or C) I have too much time on my hands to wonder about these things.

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Path,

You are a Brave Young Man. Never been married, huh?

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

ok. LOL. I was expecting that (from you )

Maybe it could be due to some feminine issues as well. What I'm saying is women particularly going beyond "nature's inconveniences".

Path

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Interesting thoughts, Path. In perusing the Depression and Mental Health sub-boards on Wit.Net, I have noticed an awful lot of people with fibromyalgia and the other disorders.

It could be that people with chronic, painful conditions are also more likely to seek out an easy answer...i.e. a paradise earth just around the corner.

• Kristen
    Kristen

Edited by - Kristen on 1 September 2000 2:51:9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit