contact sports

by ogoshi 3 Replies latest social physical

• ogoshi
    ogoshi

Hi everyone,

ive just found this forum and im hoping someone out there may be able to clarify something for me.Ive been told that JW people are not allowed to practice some contact sports ,such as judo,boxing.karate etc but can play rugby and,american football.surely the last 2 sports ive named are just as aggressive and violent as the first 3.I would be interested to know why some are banned and some are not. My sport is judo, and formerly rugby and im not a JW but have a good friend who is.I hope someone can answer this as i find it quite puzzling.

Thanks ...Ogoshi.

• Gerard
  • Estella Bolger
    Estella Bolger

This is just my opinion. But I think the first three you mentioned are fighting sports. The techniques you learn at them are made for fighting. But rugby and football are team sports. Meant to be played for fun. They can be rough at times, but if played properly and in the spirit of fun, they can be harmless.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Holy crap. Contact sports. I think Rugby has the most contact. I remember in P.E. being on the bottom of all those people piled on me. That was definately contact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit