Pentecostals: JW's Who Eat Blutenwurst.

by ColdRedRain 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Today, I had the experience of talking to my GF's family. They had a few major concerns about me. One, that we were sleeping together before marriage, and 2, that I'm an atheist.

The first one didn't make them seethe as the second one. I can't speak more about it right now. I'm seething and angry at this thing called Christianity.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

CRR,

How serious are you with this girl? Does it really matter if her parents are idiots at this point?

SD

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

You are sleeping with her and not stricken down or turned into a pillar of salt? That should prove to them there is no god.

Hang in there bud,

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'm finally calm enough to explain the situation. Here goes. My girlfriend and I went over to my mom's house to have my mom's blessing (Which seemed like a good idea at the time). Turns out, it was the catalyst to a disaster.

To make a long story short, my mom talked to her mom, which I later found out was a Pentecostal. She wasn't too thrilled about me being atheist and me doing her daughter. Neither was her brother. In fact, he wrote my girlfriend a letter about me being an atheist and not having the supposed "Morals of a Christian".

Pretty much, both my mom and her mom cursed us for leaving the beliefs that they both brought us up with.

I'll talk more about it later. I gotta get to therapy and talk about this same subject with my therapist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit