Blood & conscience - review WT article at DC

by Ozner 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ozner
    Ozner

At the Convention last weekend the WT article about Blood the fellowing remarks were made:

your conscience is not involved concerning the four main components of blood.

your conscience is involved concerning the fragments of the four main components of blood.

The Watchtower magazine gives us a nice frame work at page ** what makes clear what we have to do concerning medical treatment. Are we not happy the brothers make such a clear frame work for us?

When I heard these remarks I had to think about the Watchtower telling us not to use the phrase "the Society says" but "the Bible learns me".

So we have to deal with a schizophrenic conscience. Number 1 concerning the main components, number 2 concerning fragments of the main components.

The Watchtower magazine told us as well that nothing changed concerning this interpretation since 1981.

Thank you for the nice frame work! But now it is time for the truth...

• kls
    kls

You see the B S and all non jws can see it but to a practicing brainwashed jw, it makes perfect sense.,,,,,,Stupid is as stupid does.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

How come most of the medically useful fractions are a larger percentage of the blood than 2 of those "main components"?

How come a red blood cell is 97% hemoglobin yet 100% hemoglobin transfusions are now okay?

Because they cant apologise or admit their ban was wrong with out being liable they just obscured and glossed over the fact that JWs can now have blood. I have one of the DVD that breifly mentions transfusing JWs after you lower the transfusion trigger. This DVD was early release for only HLC. I wondered if JWs can't have red blood what were doctors suposed to trans fuse them with, and assumed it was talking about minors. Few weeks later that watchtower came out allowing all red blood cell fractions.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

What is the CD you are referring to?

• garybuss
    garybuss
    after you lower the transfusion trigger

XQ, What's this mean?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The WT would make everything easy for themselves if they made everything a conscience issue

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Gary the transfusion triger is the level of hemoglobin the doctor sets for a manditory red blood transfusion. The transfusion trigger used to be higher because it was better to be safe than sorry and the level was established in the 50's i believe. Technology and knowlege and scarcity of clean blood has caused them to lower the rate anyway. But in the case of JWs there is nothing beside red blood or hemoglobin products to transfuse adult JWs with and since they are the only ones that can legaly refuse blood it left me in a quandry until the watchtower came out.

The DVD is called "the transfusion alternatives documentary series". It contains the entire serise. I assume when the whole thing is released you may be able to order the dvd from the literature counter.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Cool! Thanks XQ!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit