The In Laws Are Here

by Purza 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Well. . . technically they are not my in-laws yet. . . but my (live in) boyfriend's parents, sister, niece & nephew are here for a visit. It is like the country mice that meet the city mice. They are driving me insane and have only been here for 4 days. I have made dinner the past three nights and breakfast on the weekend. They do not lift a hand to help. I enjoy cooking, but I put my foot down tonight and b-friend is making dinner -- I can hear them all downstairs eating that dinner.

Yesterday I took the mother and the sister to the mall. After about an hour and half we met back up. I said "do you want to go anywhere else?" and they said "well. . . we were wondering if we could take you back home so that we can use your car to drive to a town that is an hour away to buy a HAND TOWEL". I couldn't believe it.

We don't allow shoes in the house so they wear "house shoes". I guess the front sidewalk and the garage are part of the house because they walk all over the place in their "house shoes". It is maddening. Fortunately they will be leaving on Friday (after a one week stay) -- (last year it was two full weeks).

Those are just two small examples -- but please keep in mind I am a type A personality -- I like my routine and it has been shot to hell.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Purza

• rekless
    rekless

All I can say : Fish and Guest both sink after three days.

• Carmel
    Carmel

rekless beat me to it.. yep

sorry Purza..what's boy friend doing about it?

carm

• Purza
    Purza

Trying to cope. . . . like me.

Purza

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Try to remember, when you fight a pig the pig has all the fun and you end up all dirty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit