MONEY!

by in a new york bethel minute 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i dont know if this has been discussed in forum before... but i have heard that in some places, the society still asks for money for their "life-saving products." two countries in particular have been pointed as being pay-per-mag operated. Australia and (of all places) Africa. i dont know for sure so im asking. anyone here from australia or africa? THANKS DUDES!!!

bethelboys of summer

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

dude africa isn't a country...
    In South Africa they switched to the donation system around 3-4 years ago.. I havn't a clue about
    the rest of the continent

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

You're right - I also understand that their "donation" system is not worldwide -- but I don't know what other countries still charge for books and magazines. I would bet my right arm that in whatever country they are able to do so without paying taxes - they do it.

• fifi
    fifi

What beats me is that people are still willing to pay for that trash!!!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i just spoke to a jw from jamacia today . she told me they still sell them there. she makes about 7 jamacians that have told me the same thing. i fact she really pressed me for a donation today in new york. even told me a dollar or 2 would be about right. i gave her 8 pennies. and told her if she gives more than that to the wt for 2 mag's that she's getting ripped off. john

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

im really sorry for calling africa a country. i just want to figure this out for sure... thanks for all ur input so far...

beth

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

especially as pointed out ina anothe rpost as the magazines are on line now anyway

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit