You've Lived a Full Life.

by Blueblades 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

You've lived a full life; you have so many memorable experiences and so much valuable advice you'd like to leave behind.

What are the lessons that you learned in life?

What are you most proud of?

What are your biggest regrets?

What are your spiritual beliefs?

What will you miss most when you are gone?

Who is the most important person in your life and what have you learned from him or her?

From ARRP Sept&Oct.2004 issue.Gift of a lifetime, ethical wills.

Blueblades

If you only had a year left to live, what would you do?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My czarina is the most important person. I've learned that love takes work.

If I had only a year left, I'd hit the road.

CZAR

• doogie
    doogie

if i had one year left i wouldn't change a thing. i wouldn't quit my job. i wouldn't just take off. i would keep living as i am now. i think you should always assume you have only one year left (at the most).

it's hard to live every day as if it were your last but i think it's a great thing to live every year as if it were your last.

live your life now. don't wait until someone tells you you're dying...you already are.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

What are the lessons that you learned in life? Life's short. Youth is wasted on the young.

What are you most proud of? My family and the fact that we all turned out to be somewhat decent individuals.

What are your biggest regrets? That I did not value my grandparents as much as I should have. I always thought that they'd always be around. This will torment me forever.

What are your spiritual beliefs? There is a God. I just know it.

What will you miss most when you are gone? The actual act of breathing. Touching. Communicating with those I love.

Who is the most important person in your life and what have you learned from him or her? This could never be just one person. My learnings have been collectively gathered.

If you only had a year left to live, what would you do? First, I'd cry. Then I'd take to the road. I'd tell all of those who need to hear it how much I love them and tell all those who need to hear it how I really feel about them.

• dh
    dh

if i had one year left, life would be so easy

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The world doesn't revolve around me (still learning)

Getting out of the cult.

What are your biggest regrets?

Screwing up a good opportunity. My jury is out on free will though, which if it doesn't exist would make the question meaningless.

What are your spiritual beliefs?

I hope that my life isn't a chaotic accident, I hope there is meaning to all this.

Don't know if I'll be able to miss anything when I'm gone.

Who is the most important person in your life and what have you learned from him or her?

My sister, who has shown unconditional love and support.

I have no idea.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The only constant is change.
    To truly know yourself is a mixed blessing, since it attracts and repulses those around you, yet it is priceless.
    Fill your cup with love, and let it overflow to all around.

Being flexible. Even when I royally screw up I tend to pick myself up and carry on.

What are your biggest regrets?The few instances where I've hurt people.

What are your spiritual beliefs?Christ is my rock, and to Him I cling. It's as simple as that, and from there comes the wellspring of everything I do.
    It's a belief relatively free of dogma and tradition.

Chocolate.

Who is the most important person in your life and what have you learned from him or her?Jesus, who taught me what "love" really is.

Nothing more than I'm doing now, which is spending time with folks I care for, and ensuring that I don't leave any debt behind for loved ones or society at large.
    If I leave anything behind, let it be the soft ripples on the shores of people's mindsand, perchance, a little love in their hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit