What's it gonna be?

by Frenchy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Some time back I noted on another board that what is really needed is a site wherein a witness can discuss his faith. NOT a site where everything that is not considered 'positive' is censored (what can you discuss then?) and NOT a site for bashing JW's (if there is nothing positive, what's the point?) Which direction will this board take?

How does one control without censoring? Quite simple, actually. Don't reply to to those threads (and/or people) that you find offensive. Without fuel, a fire dies quickly.

So, what's it gonna' be here? Will this be another Witness.net (complete censorship) or will be it be more like H20 (98.9% dissidents). I'm curious to see how it develops.

One more point, if you want to share in the development of this site, then quit lurking and start posting! :-) (smile)

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Frenchy - I think that's good advice.
    It's simple really - if there is a subject that you don't think should be discussed then don't discuss it! .
    I hope this site will be a bit more forgiving and friendly than Witness.net and will allow us to have sensible discussion about our faith but I don't want it to become a place for people to just 'have a go' at us. I hope anyone who visits with this in mind will respect that just as we should respect their choice not to worship Jehovah as we do.

• Seven
    Seven

Greetings Simon & Frenchy!

I couldn't agree with you more. This board has the makings of great place for tasteful, and honest discussion.

I for one, was hesitant to register at first, having my head handed to me on other sites.

I have a positive feeling about J-W.com, that this could be something special.

See you later,
    7of9

• Martini
    Martini

Greetings good people,

Frenchy, I concur with your logic.
    If the hearer of prayer censored all
    our thoughts, who could pray!

I wouldn't say anything here that I wouldn't say to Jah in prayer, and trust me I bet
    He has to take things I say with a grain of
    salt at times, but hey what's He paid the
    big price for anyway? Christ's Ransom that is.:)

Martini,
    ;who at times talks like someone who is full of sweet wine at the third hour, so please
    don't take things as they appear K.
    Ac 2:15

Hey speaking of Acts2 did anyone read that
    piece a brother wrote, showing how the 120
    disciples were not in the upper room?
    If you don't recognise what I'm speaking
    about, drop it k!

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Friends,
    I think that it is a horrible example for people to go around accusing others of being 'apostates' because their question or comment is not right out of the 'tower.
    I also prefer not to lable people who leave the org as 'apostate' unles they have left worship of our Grand Creator.
    Yahweh will rightly judge who is and is not apostate.

• claudia
    claudia

Shining One, its nice to meet you.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

WOW!!

I hit page #1 by mistake....how fascinating!

From Simon:

allow us to have sensible discussion about our faith but I don't want it to become a place for people to just 'have a go' at us. I hope anyone who visits with this in mind will respect that just as we should respect their choice not to worship Jehovah as we do.

I am going to read somemore. This is interesting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit