i jusr made an ass out of myself !!!!!!

by jurs 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

hi folks,
    i've been on this expose the organization kick. i'm so angry mainly at myself for being suckered in that i guess i'm running on emotions rather than using my head. i just got off the phone with a gal who is studying with JW's. i know her because our daughters are friends and go to school together. i personally have never been to any of her studies. she has studied for 5 1/2 years. i called her and told her that i am no longer one of JW's. i told her the elders are coming over this friday to go over some of my concerns regauding apostate literature. i invited her to come thinking she should feel safe knowing elders will be here. she didn't sound sure. i told her a few of my concerns failed prophesies , shunning and the prodigal son ect. she said no religion is perfect. so feeling totally deflated i told her i called because i wish someone had called me before i was baptized and the invitation was extended. i should also say i told her it was a cult. she's from Germany and said its not on the German cult list and she thought it would be if it were a cult. i probably just fed into the wicked apostate will try to get you paranoia...... i sure blew it.......jurs

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jurs,

I'm not sure you "blew it". You gave a person a chance at the honest truth, but she wasn't ready.

You say she's been studying over 5 years? It doesn't sound like she's ready to commit, one way or the other.

Maybe she'll watch how things go for you and later base her final decision on that. (You'll probably lead a normal, happy life much to the chagrin of the JW's.)

This was probably your last chance to talk to her without interference. Relax, if it's meant to be, she'll see the "truth" about the non-truth.

GopherNever bolt your door with a boiled carrot.
    Irish Proverb

• somebody
    somebody

jurs,

Gopher made some good points, and there will be more opportunities with different people. We learn by experience. I've made an ass out of myself plenty of times. And I still do it!

peace,
    somebody

• LDH
    LDH

Jurs it was worth it if it makes her think even for one minute.

Wow, studying for 5 years? Before 1975 she would've been given 6 months tops. ha ha how's that for a desparate study conductor?

Lisa

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi jurs,

You by no means blew it. You are entitled to all of your emotions including anger. If we didn't express our emotions we would make ourselves sick. Anger is one of the most dangerous emotions to try to swallow.

Sounds like she needs to think the witnesses have the truth. Just like a drug dealer never runs out of victims neither will the Watchtower Society. It supplies a numbness that people need either to get through hard times or to get through life in general.

While a spiritual religion or philosophy should build our self confidence and self esteem up as it helps us to become better people, a cult does just the opposite, since it is in a cult's interest to keep you dependent.

Congratulate yourself on your bravery. You can't make someone else ready to live. Trust me, I've watched my whole family muck their lives up beyond hope.

big big hugs

Joel
    www.joelbear.com

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I am sure every xJW has made an ass out of themselves at one time or another. I finally realized that if they have questions, they will come to me. That is probably the main reason I haven't DA myself. I have friends that slowly walked away and they have been able to help quite a few people, but they said those individuals came to them not vice versa. You live and learn. Just try to think back when you went d2d, it wasn't you personally but your message. They have been trained well by the organization not to listen to you.

Best of luck,

mpatrick

He does not believe who does not live according to his belief.-Thomas Fuller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit