Getting back in touch with my old pioneer class.

by Atilla 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Well, I was cleaning up and I decided to throw out anything WT related that I may still have. I didn't have anything really unique, mostly Knowledge and family books, etc. However, I did find something that I forgot that I had, my Shining As ILLuminators pioneer book. The unique thing about my book is that on the last day of pioneer school everyone passed around their book to sign the inside cover kinda like a school year book, (I know pathetic, but at the time I guess we thought it was cool). Anyways, I have all the addresses, phone numbers from the pioneers in my class and well, I'm going to use them.

I also have our pioneer class picture along with the name list, so it is easy for me to match addresses and names with a face. So, I'm going to have some fun. Call some of them up, see what they are up to, (I doubt if they are still pioneering), maybe offer some dissenting viewpoints. Basically I tell them my story and why I'm no longer a pioneer or a JW for that matter.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Go for it!! I hope my mom was in your class!!! Hahaha

I'm glad you feel moved to share the good news!!!!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

That sounds great Atilla! And I hope you keep that book, since it is one of the ones that the average JW was never allowed access to, like the elders' Shepherding Book. I remember when my daughter came home from her Pioneer School with that book and she was not allowed to share it with me, though I had pioneered too, and had served at Bethel, but had never actually attended the Pioneer School, so I was not "entitled" to see it....Nice to have something like that, and it could be worth something later on, too! If for no other reason than to thumb your nose at them by sharing it with "less worthy" ones!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... looks like you are about to kill the tradition of sighning each other's books!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit