An intresting read

by gumby 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

http://www.cleveland.com/living/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/living/1091093726297490.xml

The article is a little too long to paste so just click on the link ya bastards.

Anyway.....what a joke! A good article on a dub convention during voting season that a reporter comments on.

Gumby

Edited to add.....Maybe someone could send the reporter a copy of the QFR in the Nov 15th 199?... (forgot )Watchtower. I'll bet he'd be floored to read the hypocritical bullshite that article dispells. Maybe he would write something on it.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey.....can someone post something here so I won't think everyone was raptured away, and I'm stuck here all by myself? It REALLY is a good read.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I haven't got time to read the link right now, but I'm just posting to let you know that I haven't been raptured yet...

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

oh no you don't gumby. Scare me with demonized fjord picture one, shame on you.. Fool me with demonized fjord picture twice, shame on me!

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

Elders said each Witness is FREE to make his or her OWN decision about voting.

But when asked how many of the 85 members in the Westlake congregation would vote in November, Michael Dobbs' reply was IMMEDIATE: "No one."

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Sorry Gum, I'm new. What's a QFR? Quarterly Fictionalized Reading?

Thanks-

WW

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

questions from readers?

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Thank DSJ, I bet that's it. I do like my rationalization though... :)

• gumby
    gumby

Yes, it's a "Questions From Readers."

The article pointed out 6 times that it is up to a person own conscience whether they will vote or not, and ....not for another fellow witness to judge them if they do. As was pointed out.....not ONE witness voted in the area the article mentioned.

There is no "conscience" involved at all because there is no choice unless you wish to face consequences.

Gumby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well , I read and enjoyed the article. The reporter seems to have got the idea ok, that what they say in print is not always what is practiced He seems a little anti politics any way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit